Expion are pleased to be officially recruiting for a number of key positions within Royal Mail at the moment. These positions within Royal Mail Engineering will fulfil key parts of their huge national project to upgrade and develop their automated parcel and letter sortation systems across their numerous distribution centres in the UK.
This role sits within the Technical Contract & Design Management area of the Engineering Deployment and Integration division within Royal Mail Engineering.
The company is investing significantly and continuously in their automated equipment to ensure they remain at the forefront of their industry and deliver an efficient and cost-effective parcel and post delivery service.
As such they are significantly investing in upgrading their existing equipment and also rolling out brand new automated sortation equipment at their multiple sites across the UK.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Taking the technical lead in reviewing responses to tenders for automation projects
- Managing the successful suppliers through successful delivery of the project.
- Project and contract management of the projects from a technical lead perspective.
This is a national position with frequent travel. You will be visiting automated equipment suppliers to review their offerings and to work with them throughout deployment and integration projects, also spending a significant amount of time at each project site as required. These sites are nationwide, and all travel and accommodation costs will be covered for you.
Basic salary depending on experience ranges from £46-55k. The company also pay a performance related bonus and offer an outstanding range of benefits including a generous company pension and holiday entitlement. This is a fixed term contract which is fully employed by Royal Mail, with initial funding agreed until at least August 2023.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- A degree-level or equivalent qualification in an engineering or related discipline, and have a H&S safety qualification such as IOSH
- Experience of reviewing automation asset requirements for RFI and RFP processes and contributing to technical adjudication
- Experience of contributing to the development of technical contract documents for automation procurement (e.g. SoR, SoW) through the delivery of specific work packages
- Experience of delivering the deployment of large-scale automation projects delivering the engineering elements of the project to tight deadlines through specific work packages
- Experience of working with external technical suppliers
- Be able to conduct detailed data analysis, apply systematic problem-solving techniques, and effectively prioritise available resources.
- Have strong Project Management and planning skills - ability to use Microsoft Project essential.
You will also ideally be a chartered engineer or hold similar accredited membership of a relevant body
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Francesca Loughrey.
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.