Expion are pleased to be officially recruiting for a number of key positions with Royal Mail at the moment. These positions within Royal Mail Engineering will fulfil key parts of their huge national project to upgrade and develop their automated parcel and letter sortation systems across their numerous distribution centres in the UK.
Royal Mail is investing significantly and continuously in their automated equipment to ensure they remain at the forefront of their industry and deliver an efficient and cost-effective parcel and post delivery service.
As such they are upgrading their existing equipment and also rolling out brand new automated sortation equipment at their multiple sites across the UK.
The Automation Maintenance Design Engineer position sits in the Maintenance Design and Early Equipment Asset Management area of the Engineering Deployment and Integration division within Royal Mail Engineering
This area covers:
- Design for maintenance
- Maintenance procedures management
- Build quality
- Defect management
- Early life management
- Handover to BAU
Key Responsibilities of the role are:
- Works with project teams and automation suppliers to ensure full maintenance integration of assets during early development and deployment
- Contributes to the development of technical maintenance requirements and schedule including recommended spares inventory for new automation assets to project timescales
- Contributes to the planning of maintenance integration activities in line with a contract project schedule including build quality reviews
This is a national position with frequent travel. You will be frequently and extensively visiting project sites at Royal Mail distribution centres as well as external supplier locations. These sites are nationwide, and all travel and accommodation costs will be covered for you.
Basic salary depending on experience ranges from £40-50.5k. The company also pay a performance related bonus and offer an outstanding range of benefits including a generous company pension and holiday entitlement. This is a fixed term contract which is fully employed by Royal Mail, with funding agreed until at least August 2023.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, able to effectively communicate and translate technical engineering knowledge to a wide range of audiences
- Good knowledge of automated processes, equipment & machinery
- Good knowledge of automation maintenance activities and scheduling
- Good knowledge of the review and handover of OEM maintenance procedures and task-based risk assessments
- Experience of investigating automation defects
- Good knowledge of spares management and processes
- Ability to conduct detailed data analysis, apply systematic problem-solving techniques, and effectively prioritise available resources in a programme environment.
- Have a degree-level or equivalent qualification in an engineering or related technical or Scientific discipline, and have a H&S safety qualification such as IOSH
Ideally you will be a chartered engineer or hold similar accredited membership of a relevant body
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Francesca Loughrey.
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.