Multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer
This very stable and profitable national organisation is recruiting for a Multi Skilled Maintenance Engineer in Bristol. You will maintain a range of automated equipment, with thorough training on the machinery given for all new automation maintenance engineers and personal career development provided, alongside a truly outstanding range of benefits detailed below.
- Carrying out planned preventive maintenance (PPM) on a range of PLC driven automated equipment.
- Reactive and breakdown maintenance as required.
- Contributing to the ongoing development of maintenance processes in a culture of continuous improvement
- Using recognised problem solving and route cause analysis methods to understand the cause of faults and to plan maintenance schedules accordingly.
- Regular reporting of maintenance work conducted and faults that have occurred.
- Usual shift pattern will be a permanent early shift, Monday to Friday. The multi-skilled maintenance engineer will also be quite frequently required to cover other shifts as necessary including nights and late shifts (usually for a full week at a time). A good amount of notice is usually given for this, and any additional hours worked are paid at enhanced overtime rate plus any relevant shift allowance.
The maintenance engineer should:
- Be a time-served, qualified multi skilled maintenance engineer, electrically biased maintenance engineer or a mechanically biased maintenance engineer with qualifications to support your electrical knowledge alongside a mechanical apprenticeship.
- Have worked as a maintenance engineer, mechanical maintenance engineer, electrical maintenance engineer or automation engineer on a range of automated machinery.
- Basic experience of fault-finding on some PLC systems would be an advantage.
- Enjoy ongoing professional development and training on new equipment.
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues.
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy.
- A market leader in their field with consistently strong business performance in recent years
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable, long-term career to their multi skilled maintenance engineers with technical development and career progression plans tailored to you.
- Genuinely support their employees with assistance programmes to help people in emergency situations, to support family life and to provide funds to local causes.
- Have a mental health and wellbeing programme with trained mental health first aiders accessible to all.
- Give an unrivalled benefits package including a very generous company pension scheme, enhanced overtime rates, good holidays that rise with service, a shorter working week than the industry norm, a flexible benefit that can be used for a variety of options including additional holidays or a personal car scheme.
- Offer earnings of c. £60k upwards with annual pay reviews on top, this is based on average number of cover shifts taken on, earnings of up to £65k+ are achievable for candidates who take on more cover shifts or who work a few hours of overtime per week. Salary before shift allowances and overtime is £50.5k.
Please click the link to apply.