A rare opportunity to join a prestigious national organisation, managing the technical systems team who deliver design and integration of upgraded and new automated machinery to the business.
Taking responsibility for the systems area of the engineering deployment and integration division within a large national organisation.
The company is investing significantly and continuously in their automated equipment to ensure they remain at the forefront of their industry and deliver an efficient and cost-effective service.
As such they are regularly upgrading equipment and rolling out brand new automated sortation equipment at their multiple sites across the UK.
A key part of this, you will lead a team of professional technical engineers that manage the deployment and integration of software and hardware systems & solutions for new automation assets and software functionality of existing automation assets.
You will be the business divisional lead for reviewing contract specifications & technical design documents from a technical perspective to ensure they meet the company's standards and requirements
This is a national position with frequent travel. You will be visiting automated equipment suppliers to review their offerings and to work with them throughout deployment and integration projects, also spending a significant amount of time at each project site as required. These sites are nationwide, and all travel and accommodation costs will be covered for you.
Basic salary depending on experience ranges from £50-68k. The company also pay a performance related bonus and offer an outstanding range of benefits including a generous company pension and holiday entitlement.
This role is highly visible within the organisation and offers great ongoing career progression prospects as well as the opportunity to deliver high-value projects.
To succeed in this position, you will:
- Have a degree-level or equivalent qualification in an engineering or related discipline, and have a H&S safety qualification such as IOSH
- Ideally be a chartered engineer or hold similar accredited membership of a relevant body
- Have experience of working on deployment and integration projects of automated machinery and control systems, this should include assessing tender response documentation from a technical perspective through to creating all the required technical documentation throughout the process (e.g. design, technical specifications etc.)
- Have knowledge of systems development processes and tools and application to automation systems
- Have extensive experience of developing and delivering automation integration strategy from initial concept to fully integrated and accepted system, working closely and managing external suppliers against a contract
- Be able to conduct detailed data analysis, apply systematic problem-solving techniques, and effectively prioritise available resources.
- Have experience of managing a team of professional engineers
- Have strong Project Management and planning skills - ability to use Microsoft Project essential.
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable, long-term career to their engineers with excellent career prospects
- A company that offers an unrivalled benefits package including a competitive contributory pension scheme, company bonus, good holidays that rise with service, a flexible benefit that can be used for a variety of options including additional holidays and a great working environment.
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Francesca Loughrey.
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.