Posted By: Expion
Job Title: Business Manager / National Account Manager / NAM
Location: Stoke on Trent
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Car Allowance + Bonus Pension + 31 Days Holiday
- My client is a leading Food / FMCG Manufacturing business, with a passion for excellence in everything that it does.
- They are committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which will enable further growth and expansion across their core categories.
- Excellent prospects for career advancement and development exist across the group, as they continue to grow, both organically and through acquisition.
- Consequently, they now require an exceptionally driven, high calibre Business Manager / National Account Manager to perform a pivotal role, leading and managing this key function.
- Minimum 2 years retail commercial FMCG experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Persuasive approach with training and experience in negotiation skills.
- Has experience of working with UK retailers (top 4 plus discounter and convenience sectors)
- Has Brand and Own Label experience.
- Has dairy / chilled short shelf-life product experience.
- Ideally educated to degree level.
- To work alongside the Commercial Controller to build a strategy and business plan which will engage our customers.
- Deliver budgeted volume and margin on allocated accounts.
- Generate plans which will support our ambition to gain partnership status on key accounts.
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with nominated accounts and brands, providing effective communication between customer teams.
- Manage a retailer relationship that includes our brand and own-label portfolio, ensuring clear and distinct plans are in place for both project streams.
- Facilitate forecasting with planning departments. Responsible for forecasting, interaction with the planning team and for the final process sign off.
- Promotional planning - agree and implement plans through JBP's or promotional slots with key accounts. Agree marketing spend as part of an overall plan and take responsibility for agreed activity. Analyse and report effectiveness of promotions.
- Build and maintain strong and sustainable relationships with key customer contacts.
- Key Stakeholders: Work as part of the wider virtual team to provide an integrated service to our customers. This encompasses areas such as Commercial Finance, Brand Marketing, Category Marketing, Technical and Supply Chain.
- Investigate, make recommendations, and progress any agreed opportunity for the generation of new business.
- Support the Senior Management Team in the delivery of our wider departmental objectives across all accounts.
Expion: Our Food / FMCG recruitment brand is well respected for the high quality of work we have delivered for both clients and candidates throughout our 11-year history. Our in-depth knowledge of Food / FMCG recruitment enables us to provide advice based on Expert Opinion and to give you the best access to client vacancies.
All 3rd party cv's will be forwarded onto Expion.