Consumer Marketing Manager
Non-Food Consumer Goods
Home Based (2-3 days a month in central Manchester hub)
Competitive Basic + Bonus + Car Allowance
A globally recognised leader of non-food consumer goods; committed to creating innovative and high-quality products to enhance daily life. Having seen fantastic growth across their well-known brands they are looking to invest in their marketing team and add high calibre individuals to the business, who can help them develop and implement their strategy for the future. They are now looking to add an experienced Consumer Marketing Manager to the team.
You will be responsible for the overall strategic planning of the category, including P&L ownership and will own the category plan and its commercial success. Working end-to-end, starting with the strategic category planning based on validated value proposition development.
You will ensure effective ranging, management of the life cycle of the products in the category while monitoring performance.
You will have the ability to work collaboratively across functions such as Innovation, Design, Market Activation, Sales, Supply chain and Finance as well as external supplier network.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop and own the Category Plan (5-year strategy roadmap).
- Define the global category vision
- P&L responsibility for the category: grow value market share while improving the overall category profitability key metrics: value market share, price index, net sales growth, marketing communication investment, gross margin)
- Define innovation roadmap based on consumer insights, market development and brand attributes
- Develop and execute portfolio strategy to maximize value creation and reduce complexity across the value chain
- Own the Global Go-To-Market strategy and coordinate execution in the markets.
- Collaborate and align business priorities with local markets to drive Category Plan execution against set objectives
- Drive category strategy execution through monthly Integrated Business Planning cycles together with key internal stakeholders from sales, operations and finance.
To be considered for this exciting opportunity you must:
- Have strong NPD experience and be able to demonstrate success from concept through to delivery and end of life
- Be Consumer-Centric, be passionate about the consumer and understanding new consumer behaviours
- Be brand-oriented, act as a brand guardian making sure that every consumer interaction point is designed to deliver an outstanding and consistent brand experience.
- Be a change agent, act as a results-driven change leader, forward thinker and leverage your experience and insights to educate, inspire and motivate your colleagues
- Be data & insights-driven, identifying key opportunity and problem areas comes naturally to you
- Have excellent communication skills, be an inspiring communicator, able to move things forward in an empathetic way, communicating clearly and concisely towards different stakeholders.
- Housewares or Consumer Electronics experience would be advantageous
If you feel you have the skills and experience to excel in this position, please send a copy of your up to date CV today.