We are currently recruiting for a vehicle maintenance network manager within a respected commercial vehicle fleet organisation. This position takes regional responsibility for day-to-day supplier management of the contractor network who deliver service, maintenance and repair work for the organisation's fleet vehicles.
You will hold responsibility for ensuring agreed and expected standards of work are consistently delivered, as well as standards of customer service and health and safety.
The company support fully agile working and as such you can be located anywhere in the North West of England. You will be required to travel to meet with suppliers and colleagues in your region on a regular basis, as well as very occasional national travel.
- Visiting and reviewing commercial vehicle repair and maintenance suppliers to ensure compliance with company SLAs and best practice
- Highlighting any issues to the business and working with the suppliers to agree and deliver an action plan to improve if necessary
- Investigate any disputed work from a technical perspective, compiling a Fleet Engineer's report as required
- Liaising between suppliers, the company and manufacturers to resolve any disputes or technical issues
- Liaising with manufacturers where the company's own staff need higher-level technical support, acting as a regional technical support engineer or "dealer-expert technician" in effect.
- Monitor and support compliance with required H&S standards across external and internal operations
- Share best practice and technical updates with your fellow Network Managers in several other regions of the UK and Senior Management
- Building and maintaining strong, open and beneficial relationships with your suppliers
- Holding regular SLA review meetings, and working with under-performing suppliers to improve performance
- Identifying and on boarding new suppliers as business needs demand
To succeed in this position, you will:
- Be an quality and compliance focused individual who seeks and drives improvement both with internal departments and colleagues and external suppliers
- Have come from a qualified HGV technician background ideally, and have solid knowledge of service, maintenance and repair activities relating to heavy commercial vehicles including 'O' Licence and all other regulatory compliance requirements
- Ideally have managed a network of internal workshops and external maintenance suppliers, this experience MUST be from within the HGV maintenance industry.
- Have a warm, engaging manner which builds strong relationships and gets the best from your suppliers
- Be computer literate and able to work with various reports and management information on a range of company database systems
- Be a skilled engineer with a strong eye for detail and excellent technical ability. Although this role is not hands-on in terms of carrying out repair or maintenance work yourself, you must have come from this background as you will be auditing work that has been carried out and highlighting any issues with it.
- A well-established award-winning commercial vehicle fleet organisation
- Have a strong track record of retaining their client base year after year after year
- Are experiencing an incredible sustained period of growth following considered and ongoing investment and are up-scaling their network to ensure it is fit for present and future purpose
- Are truly committed to delivering the best level of service and are agile enough to change processes to do this
- Offers a great benefits package including a company car, bonus, full agile working policy, company contributory pension scheme, holidays that rise with service, a high level of life assurance, good sick pay and family leave, childcare vouchers and much more
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 48 hours of application. This is a newly created position and a great opportunity to join at the point when the company is growing to the next stage on their defined journey.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact our Automotive Director, Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing director and senior level personnel as well as technical operations and engineering talent into their vacancies right across the UK.