Head of Customer Service
Salary: £25-30k basic (DOE)
Office Based - Barnsley
Work Hours - Monday to Friday 9am-5pm
A unique manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer specialising in the furniture industry. This business has gone from strength to strength enjoying almost constant growth since they were established. Having enjoyed success in the wholesaling of products they went on to develop their own manufacturing facility based in Barnsley. This is a young and ambitious business who have a fantastic culture and take care of their employees. Due to continued growth which is only set to continue they are now looking to add a Head of Customer Service to their team.
As Head of Customer Services you will be responsible for managing and continually improving the customer service experience for the businesses customers. You will lead the Customer Services (CS) team and strive to continually improve the experience of the customers. The Head of Customer Services must ensure that the business listens to what customers want and ensure that the company responds in an effective, relevant and personal way.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Champion the customer throughout the business, balancing customer needs with business requirements and presenting a persuasive case for internal change and improvement
- Lead the customer service department. This entails assessing and managing the customer service team to continually improve processes and outcomes
- Agree priorities and standards and then manage the CS team to deliver them
- Manage all CS processes, becoming more proactive and engaging customers early in the process
- As problem areas for customer service are identified you must engage the Group Directors to agree priorities and then engage your CS team to address these areas and make the planned changes quickly and effectively
- Ensure continual upskilling in CS team through evaluation, development and training of staff
- Manage your CS team to deliver what customers need and to continually improve your CS team's efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ensure that you build a positive team culture with strong positive engagement
- Ensure the department operates in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
- Enhancing the customers journey through an omni channel environment
To be considered for this position you must have experience working within a similar position or be ready to take that next step in your career. It is essential that you have experience managing a customer service team and can demonstrate successes in improving processes and departments.
Other requirements include:
- Experience implementing and monitoring key SLA's & KPI's
- Experience getting the best out of a team in a fast paced CS environment
- Experience analysing reports to improve service levels
- Experience working with or implementing new systems within customer service
- Experience defining and implementing workflows and improving existing processes
- Beneficial - Experience of Zendesk
On offer for this opportunity is the chance to work with a small and ambitious team in an up and coming business.
If you feel you have the skills and experience required to exceed in this position, please forward a copy of your CV today.