Responsible for the implementation of the Safety, Health & Environmental Policy across the Cardiff site.
Safety, Health & Environmental responsibility across Cardiff
140 staff on site, increasing to 250
Factory operates 24/7
£50k site control budget for PPE
- Ensure systems are established which seek to promote and improve Safety, Health and Environment on the Cardiff site.
- Ensure systems for auditing and reviewing SH&E performance are in place and are being adhered to.
- Manage SH&E systems and oversee current company group policy.
- Ensure risk assessments are in place and develop corrective actions where required.
- Provide advice and guidance to line managers on all aspects of SH&E, where appropriate.
- Manage effectively the environmental strategy for the Cardiff site and ensure compliance with set standards.
- Deliver safety training as required and develop others to produce SOPs and training material to 'Best in Class' standard. Develop the site training matrix alongside Department Managers and HR.
- Assist the General Manager with managing site waste and continually review to achieve cost reduction and improvements in respect of environmental impacts such as recycling etc.
- Devise and implement Safety, Environmental and Security project improvements.
- Submission of capital expenditure projects in respect of Safety, Health & Environmental improvements.
- To review all costs in relation to safety and environment issues and reduce where possible.
- Conduct accident investigations and report accordingly.
- Produce on a weekly and monthly basis appropriate statistical information for Divisional and Group reporting purposes.
- Evaluate new process/machines and liaise with the engineering and production departments to design safe working methods.
- Conduct workplace and work station audits.
- Chair site safety committee meetings.
- Manage the First Aid and Fire Warden activities across the site to ensure compliance with legislative requirements.
- Contribute to the health & safety of self and others by applying health and safety principles to the required standards whilst undertaking designated tasks.
- Responsible for auditing and investigating isolation procedures with the aim of maintaining safety standards and protecting people from the equipment and associated hazards.
- Adhere by the site's Personal Hygiene Standards and practices.
- Ensure all employees abide by the site's Personal Hygiene Standards and practices.
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene and housekeeping.
These are the key tasks, whilst not a comprehensive list of all tasks undertaken by the
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact Andrew Jagger, Associate Director Food & FMCG Division quoting job reference AJ 5171.
All CVs received will be acknowledged.