Health and Safety Manager - 6 month FTC
A fantastic opportunity exists for an astute, results orientated and people focussed Health and Safety Manager, capable of joining a business where change is fast paced and exciting, and the potential for the business is enormous.
Accountable for managing and organising Health and Safety aganda across a key manufacturing site, you will direct the compliance and health and safety agenda across the business, working closely with the leadership team and key stakeholders. You will manage the compliance according to regulatory standards, and with an approach that suits the needs of the business, culture and customers.
- You will be the lead site contact for Health and Safety across the manufacturing business, including legal requirements in fire safety ammonia, legionella, risk assessments and RIDDORs.
- Identify and address and gaps in knowledge and training, and resolve, working closely with the teams across all sites.
- Responsible for horizon scanning for new legislation, and implementing training to ensure all staff are fully compliant.
- Lead and conduct internal audits on current systems and procedures.
- You will be a key member of the compliance team and conduct regular audits against the BRC standards where needed.
To succeed in this challenging, people focused business, you will have:
- Relevant experience in managing Health and Safety, ideally within a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of systems, principles and requirements.
- The ability to manage key relationships with managers and sites across the business, whilst keeping a clear focus on the legal requirements and exceeding these.
- An insatiable appetite for the very best - product, people and performance.