We are looking for an HGV/Trailer technician to join a market-leading and still growing national organisation, maintaining fleets of customer HGVs and trailers at there workshop in Glasgow.
In the position of Workshop Mechanic, you will:
- Service, maintain and repair a fleet of HGV trucks and trailers.
- Build your product knowledge of a variety of makes and models of vehicles
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer and generic electronic diagnosis equipment (training is offered on this if required)
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Workdays, Monday to Friday - 45 hours per week.
- The role is working earlies and lates, with a Saturday morning once every three weeks.
- Overtime is voluntary, paid at time and a half, and readily available - giving realistic overall earning potential of £60-70k pa.
To succeed in this successful, supportive organisation, you will:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs or Trailers
- Previous experience of working as a mobile technician is not essential, the company offer a good induction programme and support on learning their systems and procedures.
- Ideally have a class 1 (CE) HGV driving licence but this is not essential
- Be willing to be trained on different types of vehicles as the need arises
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Very stable organisation who are growing their mobile fleet due to sustained ongoing client demand
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable, long-term career to their vehicle technicians with excellent career prospects, ongoing manufacturer training, all PPE provided, a stocked company van, and outstanding earning potential
- A company that offers an unrivalled benefits package including a competitive contributory pension scheme, enhanced overtime rates, good holidays that rise with service, a flexible benefit that can be used for a variety of options including additional holidays and a great working environment.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button or contact Amy Thornton at Expion to discuss.