We are currently recruiting for an HGV technician to work a permanent day shift for our client at their commercial vehicle workshop in Sheffield.
- Working as an HGV mechanic, you will service, maintain and repair a fleet of rigid and articulated trucks as well as some vans from time to time.
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer diagnostics equipment (training is offered on this if required)
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Permanent day shift, Monday to Friday
- Overtime is available, and paid at time and a half.
To succeed in this successful, friendly workshop, you will:
- Be a fully qualified HGV Mechanic with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs
- Be willing to work on some vans as required although the bulk of your work will be HGV
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- Have a full driving licence, HGV licence preferable but not essential
- A large national organisation who are very well-established and stable
- Have remained profitable through Covid
- The company is currently going through a growth phase and investing in their workshop network
- You will benefit from manufacturer training to enhance and keep your product knowledge up to date
- Competitive holidays which rise with service
- A range of other benefits including a healthcare scheme
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the consultant - Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.