Due to our client's ongoing business growth, we are looking for several heavy vehicle technicians to join them on a permanent basis, maintaining a fleet of mixed commercial vehicles in their well-equipped workshop and receiving exceptional benefits.
- Working as a mechanic, you will service, maintain and repair a fleet of heavy commercial vehicles ranging from 7.5t trucks through to class 1 HGVs.
- You will receive a very good standard of product training as part of your induction in the role, and also direct manufacturer training every year to keep you up to date with vehicle technology.
- The company already run a number of alternative fuel vehicles and you will be trained on these as well as future technologies that come into the fleet.
- You will complete all job cards and related processes in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer and generic electronic diagnosis equipment (training is offered on this if required)
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Working weekly rotating early and late shifts (week 1: 6am-2pm, week 2: 2pm-10pm) Monday to Friday, with overtime every other Saturday morning
To succeed in this successful, friendly workshop, you will:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs.
- Be willing to be trained on vehicle developments on a regular basis
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Experienced business growth through the pandemic which has led to expansion of their fleet
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable, long-term career to their vehicle technicians with excellent career prospects
- A company that offers an unrivalled benefits package including a competitive contributory pension scheme, generous holidays that rise with service, very good manufacturer and other relevant training throughout your career (including IRTEC), a generous staff discount scheme as well as some additional and unusual perks, as well as a great working environment.
- Have a very low rate of staff turnover
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.