Are you an HGV Mechanic or a light vehicle mechanic who wants to work for a business that trains you to be the best you can be, provides great working conditions, decent pay and benefits and genuinely supports their people's well being?
We are proud to be recruiting for a vehicle technician for a company that offers all of the above, to work a double-day shift at their commercial vehicle workshop in the Radstock area, commutable from the South Bristol, Frome, Bath and Shepton Mallet areas.
- Dependent on your skill set you will service, maintain and repair a fleet of class 1 and class 2 trucks OR vans OR both.
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer diagnostics equipment (training to further develop your skills is offered on this if required)
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Early (6am-2pm) and late (2pm-10pm) shifts, Monday to Friday, rotating weekly, with scheduled overtime on 1 in 2 Saturday mornings
- Further overtime is available, and all overtime is paid at time and a half.
You will need to:
- Be a fully qualified HGV OR Light Vehicle Mechanic with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs
- Be competent in diagnosing and repairing all common faults, servicing, carrying out MOT preps and inspection work
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- Have a full driving licence, HGV licence is an advantage but not essential
- A large very stable organisation who maintains a number of companies' fleet vehicles
- Have performed well through the Covid pandemic, are very profitable and invest a considerable amount back into the business, improving workshop locations and offering further training and benefits to their staff.
- Offer ongoing technical manufacturer training as well as other professional training throughout your career so that you remain up to date with changing vehicle technologies and can certify your technical competence as you go along. Training up to Master Tech level is available for candidates who have the desire and ability to progress in this way.
- Competitive holidays that rise with service
- Career progression prospects are good for someone who would like to grow with the company
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted as soon as possible following application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the consultant - Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop and service managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.