Job Title: HGV Technician
Salary: £38,500 to £40,000
A great opportunity to join a prestigious national organisation, maintaining a fleet of commercial vehicles in a friendly modern workshop with outstanding benefits.
- Service, maintain and repair a fleet of vehicles
- Build your product knowledge of a variety of makes and models of vehicles, supported by internal and external training
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer and generic electronic diagnosis equipment (training is offered on this if required)
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Working a day-shift rota, with shifts of 8am to 5pm, on a weekly rotating basis, Monday to Friday
- Overtime is voluntary, and available at a premium.
- Top level salary includes a small amount of overtime per week and some Saturday mornings on a rota basis
To be considered for this role you will:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have an HGV licence, either class 1 (CE) or class 2 (C)
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGV tractor units and rigid trucks
- Be willing to be trained on different types of vehicles as the need arises
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- A very successful organisation that offer a stable, long-term career to their vehicle technicians with excellent career prospects
- A company that offers an unrivalled benefits package including a competitive contributory pension scheme, enhanced overtime rates, good holidays that rise with service, a shorter working week than the industry norm, a flexible benefit that can be used for a variety of options including additional holidays and a great working environment.
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Amy Thornton.