We are currently recruiting for a HGV technician OR light vehicle technician work a shift pattern of earlies and late for our client at their commercial vehicle workshop in Nottingham.
- Working as an HGV mechanic, you will service, maintain, and repair a mixed fleet of class 1 and class 2 trucks as well as 7.5t vehicles and occasionally some light commercials.
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer diagnostics equipment (training is offered on this if required)
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Earlies and late shift, Monday to Friday, with overtime available
- Further overtime is available during the week and paid at a time and a half.
- Realistic overall earning potential of £40k+
To succeed in this successful, friendly workshop, you will:
- Be a fully qualified HGV Mechanic with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs
- Be willing to attend manufacturer training courses to keep your skills up to date with new vehicle technology and to develop your skill level further if needed
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation that maintains several companies' fleet vehicles
- Performed well through the Covid-19 pandemic, maintained profitability, and are experiencing consistent strong growth
- Will provide regular manufacturer training on their vehicles, including EV and Gas if you would like to train on these technologies
- Offer ongoing technical and professional training throughout your career to keep your skills up to date
- Competitive holidays which rise with service
- Career progression prospects are good for someone who would like to grow with the company
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the consultant - Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well-established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regionally based vacancies across the UK.