We are looking for several heavy vehicle technicians in the Skelmersdale area join a stable national organisation, maintaining a large fleet of vehicles in a well-equipped workshop. The vacancies have been created due to an increase in the fleet size.
In the position of HGV Mechanic you will:
- Service, maintain and repair a fleet of HGV trucks and trailers.
- Build your product knowledge of a variety of makes and models of vehicles
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer and generic electronic diagnosis equipment (training is offered on this if required)
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Working 10 hour day shifts, Monday-Friday
- Overtime is voluntary, and paid at time and a half
- Higher level salary quoted includes a small amount of overtime each week
To succeed in this successful, friendly workshop, you will:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs and potentially some vans
- Ideally have a class 1 (CE) HGV driving licence
- Be willing to be trained on different types of vehicles as the need arises
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Very stable and safe working environment
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable, long-term career to their vehicle technicians with excellent career prospects
- A company that offers a benefits package including a competitive contributory pension scheme, enhanced overtime rates and a number of other benefits including ongoing manufacturer training.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button.