A great opportunity for an ambitious workshop manager / service manager to lead this prominent HGV commercial vehicle location, which is part of a stable national organisation.
- Manage the workshop and service functions to achieve their efficiency, productivity and profitability targets
- Work with your people to nurture talent and develop and build skill levels where necessary
- Ensure that all invoice queries are resolved efficiently to ensure prompt payment
- Be actively involved in driving adherence to agreed processes to ensure warranty claims are successfully administered
- Work closely with the company's business development team to maximise client base
- Arranging staff meetings to promote clear and open communication.
- Develop and implement techniques to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Ensure that procedure and standard working process is followed and that all necessary documentation is fully complete.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of successfully managing a commercial vehicle workshop location
- Be an engaging, encouraging manager who empowers your staff to make correct decisions and to strive for improvement
- Have a successful track record of delivering on workshop performance measures such as hours sold, profitability, and efficiency of technicians
- Be customer-focused and able to develop great relationships with your client base
- Be a collaborative manager who is able build strong relationships across other company divisions and with senior management
- Have excellent organisational skills
- A background as an HGV technician prior to moving into management is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle operating licence requirements is required
- A large national organisation who are very well-established and stable
- Have remained profitable through Covid
- The company is currently going through a growth phase and investing in their workshop network
- Competitive holidays which rise with service
- A range of other benefits including company car, bonus and a health care scheme
- Offer some flexibility around working hours
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the "Apply Now" button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.