We are currently recruiting for an interim consultant to deliver a high-profile project within an established FMCG business and to help take their purchasing and supply chain function to the next level. You must have a solid purchasing and supply chain background, having led a purchasing and also ideally supply chain function within a manufacturing business.
The client is a profitable, stable business who are at a key stage in their growth journey, having received investment to support their successful ongoing growth. As demand for their products continues to increase; they are now looking to create the correct structure and operational procedures to ensure their purchasing and supply chain operation is fit for purpose.
You will review the existing operation and devise both a short-term and long-term strategy to meet their business needs.
Working collaboratively across the business you will ensure that business as usual performance is maintained and improved, whilst transitioning the function to a more robust, future proof structure
This will involve creating the departmental structure and bringing key individuals on board to take up the reigns once the project is complete.
- Experienced purchasing and supply chain professional with a track record of delivering consultancy projects to businesses going through significant growth phases
- Able to quickly assess and understand the current operational process vs business needs; and make tangible short-term improvements
- Commercially-aware with good strategic thought ability.
- Experience from within the FMCG, food/beverage or chemical industries
- CIPS qualified ideally
- Knowledge of and/or exposure to working at COMAH sites
- International direct purchasing expertise
- Good knowledge and experience of working with SAP/ERP systems
Contract duration: 6 months initially, daily rate: negotiable, we expect this contract to sit outside of IR35
Expion: Our Manufacturing recruitment brand is well respected for the high quality of work we have delivered for both clients and contractors throughout our history. Our in-depth knowledge of purchasing and supply chain recruitment enables us to provide advice based on experience and to give you the best access to client vacancies.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and daily rate requirements, quoting ref FL-PUR-M-C or call Francesca Loughrey if you require further details or an initial discussion.