Expion is currently collaborating with a well-known medical company, they are part of a worldwide group that is committed to continuous improvement. They are currently looking for a Materials Coordinator to join them on a 3-month fixed-term contract.
The role of a Materials Coordinator:
- Enable operations to produce according to plan by making Raw Materials available in time with required quantities.
- Collaborate with suppliers to ensure timely call-off of Raw Materials and ensure delivery performance to planned requirements
- Manage suppliers in such a way to support the optimisation of the global supply chain performance and ensure product availability in line with applicable targets.
- Collecting input from Supply Network Planner and Production Scheduler about future requirements (both short and long term) and function as key contact to RM supplier.
- Create/issue supplier schedules using the relevant businesses system
- Place discrete purchase orders to suppliers and follow up on delivery performance
- Arrange and coordinate any sub-contract processing of WIP
- Provide appropriate cover for Production Scheduler when necessary
We would be keen to speak to you if you are a materials coordinator and any of the below:
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple work activities, identify and resolve supply problems, and track and monitor inventory levels of various Raw Materials.
- Ability to interact with external business partners/suppliers
- Experience working with an ERP system.
- Knowledge or experience using Sage OR Sage 200
- Problem-solving capabilities and Lean knowledge
If you are interested, please click the apply now button!