- As a mobile breakdown mechanic, you will attend call-outs across the South Yorkshire region
- You will be working on a range of HGVs and vans
- When not on a call-out during standard working hours, you will work in the workshop until a call comes in
- Call-outs average at 2 per day during the day, evening night and weekend calls are also covered
- Enhanced overtime rates are paid out of hours plus a call-out fee - this leads to very high yet easily achievable overall earning potential of £65-75k per annum.
- Company van provided with manufacturer diagnostics, tools and parts onboard.
- Standard working hours are day shifts, Monday-Friday
To succeed in this successful, supportive organisation, you will:
- Be a fully qualified HGV Mechanic with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs and vans
- Be willing to attend manufacturer training courses to keep your skills up to date with new vehicle technology and to develop your skill level further as needed
- Have strong diagnostics ability and be confident in diagnosing faults at the roadside then repairing the fault if possible and safe to do so
- Have a customer focused attitude and be comfortable dealing directly with your customers, delivering great customer service
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who maintain a number of companies' fleet vehicles
- A very well established and highly profitable organisation
- Will provide regular manufacturer training on their vehicles, including EV and Gas as necessary as well as the opportunity to progress to Master Tech status should you wish
- Offer ongoing technical and professional training throughout your career to keep your skills up to date
- Competitive holidays which rise with service
- Career progression prospects are good for someone who would like to grow with the company
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the consultant - Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.