We are looking for several mobile heavy vehicle technicians or trailer technicians to join a market-leading and still growing national organisation, maintaining fleets of customer HGVs and trailers, predominantly at client sites around the Tamworth, Coventry and Northampton areas.
Some of these positions are based on-site with one particular client so don't require travel from site to site throughout the day, but still benefit from a company van and the benefits of being classed as mobile.
The others are true mobile positions where you will attend a number of different sites throughout the day.
In the position of Mobile Mechanic you will:
- Service, maintain and repair customer fleets of HGVs and/or Trailers, depending on your skill set.
- Build strong relationships with your customers whilst attending their sites regularly and always delivering a high standard of customer service
- Complete the jobs that have been pre-loaded to your mobile tablet each day for you. This is mostly scheduled work across regular customers
- Manage the supply of parts stocked in your van, ordering replacement stock through the company's system as necessary to ensure common parts are readily available.
- Keep a tidy and safe working environment in your van and working area, following Health and Safety procedures carefully
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Work days, Monday to Friday, 50 hours per week.
- Overtime is voluntary, paid at time and a half, and readily available - giving realistic overall earning potential of £60-70k pa.
To succeed in this successful, supportive organisation, you will:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs or Trailers
- Previous experience of working as a mobile technician is not essential, the company offer a good induction programme and support on learning their systems and procedures.
- Ideally have a class 1 (CE) HGV driving licence but this is not essential
- Be willing to be trained on different types of vehicles as the need arises
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Very stable organisation who are growing their mobile fleet due to sustained ongoing client demand
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable, long-term career to their vehicle technicians with excellent career prospects, ongoing manufacturer training, all PPE provided, a stocked company van, and outstanding earning potential
- A company that offers an unrivalled benefits package including a competitive contributory pension scheme, enhanced overtime rates, good holidays that rise with service, a flexible benefit that can be used for a variety of options including additional holidays and a great working environment.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button, or contact Sam Berrett at Expion to discuss.