We are looking for several mobile heavy vehicle technicians or trailer technicians to join a market-leading and still growing national organisation, maintaining fleets of customer HGVs and trailers, predominantly at client sites around the Leeds and Yorkshire M62/M1 areas
In the position of Mobile Mechanic you will:
- Service, maintain and repair customer fleets of HGVs and/or Trailers, depending on your skill set.
- Build strong relationships with your customers whilst attending their sites regularly and always delivering a high standard of customer service
- Complete the jobs that have been pre-loaded to your mobile tablet each day for you. This is mostly scheduled work across regular customers
- Manage the supply of parts stocked in your van, ordering replacement stock through the company's system as necessary to ensure common parts are readily available.
- Keep a tidy and safe working environment in your van and working area, following Health and Safety procedures carefully
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Work days, Monday to Friday, 50 hours per week.
- Overtime is voluntary, paid at time and a half, and readily available - giving realistic overall earning potential of £60-70k pa.
To succeed in this successful, supportive organisation, you will:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs or Trailers
- Previous experience of working as a mobile technician is not essential, the company offer a good induction programme and support on learning their systems and procedures.
- Ideally have a class 1 (CE) HGV driving licence although this is not essential
- Be willing to be trained on different types of vehicles as the need arises
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Very stable organisation who are growing their mobile fleet due to sustained ongoing client demand
- Pay from leaving home to your first job until you arrive back home again at the end of shift
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable, long-term career to their vehicle technicians with excellent career prospects, ongoing manufacturer training, all PPE provided, a stocked company van, and outstanding earning potential
- A company that offers an unrivalled benefits package including a competitive contributory pension scheme, enhanced overtime rates, good holidays that rise with service, a flexible benefit that can be used for a variety of options including additional holidays and a great working environment.
To apply for the role, please send your CV to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button.