Buyer / Procurement Expert - Packaging
We are working on behalf of a highly successful manufacturing company in West Yorkshire.
We are looking for an experienced Buyer / Procurement Expert with specific experience in Packaging Procurement.
The role will involve taking full ownership of the assigned packaging supplier base.
You will be responsible for the development and delivery of the strategic sourcing plan for all packaging products to suit the changing needs of the business- to include innovation, risk mitigation and cost competitiveness.
You will have:
- Performance management of existing suppliers, selection and onboarding of new suppliers and materials.
- Understanding of packaging supply market and key cost drivers.
- Investigate quality or service failures and ensure corrective actions are implemented.
- Ensure QA and Regulatory compliance for all packaging related issues.
- Identification and execution of strategic procurement projects to drive quality, service and cost improvements.
- Contract management, including commercial negotiations and service level agreements.
- Works with Planning team to optimize inventory levels and lead time performance including VMI where appropriate.
- Represents purchasing in new business, continuous improvement and change management projects.
- 10% bonus
- Flexible working hours
- On-site parking
- 1PM finish on Fridays