Are you currently working in direct purchasing?
Have strong negotiation and supplier management skills?
Looking to work for a large, global company?
As a Purchasing Manager, you will be required to work closely with key stakeholders across a variety of spend categories to identify and deliver savings.
Purchasing Manager Key responsibilities
- Manage the end to end tender process ensuring the outcome successfully delivers the business requirements
- Manage a category led approach for top spend suppliers
- Use e-sourcing tools to deliver value within the given categories and manage and track spend data
- Manage projects to reduce cost whilst maintaining quality/service, and ensuring continuity of supply
- Manage the tendering processes, negotiate and implement new contracts with suppliers
- Develop and actively manage strategic relationships with suppliers, ensuring business requirements are understood and met and that supplier performance is measured
- Source new products/suppliers as appropriate
- Implementation and ongoing management of the bench marking of materials and prices
- Manage and support key stakeholders
The ideal candidate
- Engineering component purchasing experience gained in a manufacturing business
- CIPS with experience of tendering and negotiating contracts with key suppliers
- Demonstrable people management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complexity
- Strong customer service ethos
- Robust stakeholder management approach
Please us the APPLY button to send your CV to Expion Search & Selection.
All applications will be acknowledged and replied to.