A great opportunity for an ambitious workshop manager / service manager / vehicle engineering manager to manage a small number of workshop locations across the North Yorkshire region. The company is a stable, forward-looking national organisation.
- Manage the workshops to achieve their vehicle up-time targets in the most efficient manner.
- Work with your people to nurture talent and develop and build skill levels where necessary.
- Arrange staff meetings to promote clear and open communication.
- Develop and implement techniques to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Ensure that procedure and standard working process is followed and that all necessary documentation is fully complete.
- Deliver strong H&S and compliance working practices.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of successfully managing a commercial vehicle workshop or PSV/PCV workshop location, either at single or multi-site level
- Be an engaging, encouraging manager who empowers your staff to make correct decisions and to strive for improvement
- Have a successful track record of delivering on workshop performance measures such as first-time fix, MOT pass rates, and vehicle availability/up-time
- Be customer-focused and able to drive a "customer-first" culture through your locations
- Be a collaborative manager who is able to build strong relationships across other company divisions and with senior management
- Have excellent organisational skills
- A background as an HGV technician or PSV/PCV prior to moving into management is strongly preferred, although candidates who have good previous technical knowledge gained in aligned positions such as workshop control or service administration before moving into workshop management will also be considered
- Knowledge of commercial vehicle operating licence requirements is required
- A large national organisation who are very well-established and stable
- The company is currently going through a modernisation phase and investing in their workshop network including investments in technology, vehicles and staff
- Have a real focus on delivering quality work and reliable vehicles with maximum up-time
- Offer their staff the training needed to develop their technical skills
- Competitive holidays which rise with service
- Offer some flexibility around working hours (Mon-Fri)
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.