A fantastic opportunity to join a growing, multi-national Engineering business as a Senior Design Engineer, delivering innovative and cost-effective solutions to a demanding and prestigious client base.
To engineer safe, effective, and economic design solutions, to allow operating divisions to profitably complete projects and jobs.
- Produce timely, safe, effective, and economic design solutions in response to requests from operating divisions and external customers. Design solutions will be required for both relatively routine problems and one-off requirements.
- Lead the design teams to deliver engineered solutions. Design teams may consist of in-house and contract staff.
- Act as technical and cultural mentor to the team.
- Represent Engineering at commercial / project meetings and actively contribute to the project team through verifying design compliance against tender scopes and ensuring that the basis for TEAM's tender is appropriate.
- Produce detailed manufacturing drawings to implement design solutions to all relevant engineering and quality standards.
- Liaise with Manufacturing during production, ensuring any required modifications are technically acceptable and properly controlled within the quality system.
- Liaise with external customers and operating divisions to optimise the design solution and ensure all requirements are met.
- Maintain drawings and other engineering documents in accordance with departmental procedures and quality standards.
- In-depth knowledge of current regulations that are applicable to machinery and mechanical equipment, i.e section 6 of the HSW act, the Machinery Directive, PUWER, LOLER, etc.
- In-depth knowledge of current versions of BSEN standards relating to engineering materials, limits and fits, screw threads, gears, and the design of cranes (lifting equipment).
- Five years plus experience of good design practice, eg. Geometric tolerancing, selecting Limits and Fits, designing for fabrication, designing for manufacture, and designing for assembly.
- In-depth knowledge of relevant sections of the pressure vessel codes: BS5500, ASME VIII and ASME B31.x
- Detailed knowledge of hardware & techniques utilised in most TEAM field operations and the factors affecting the design of same.
- Mathematical and mechanical science skills to degree level coupled with significant industrial experience.
- Very high level of competence with SolidWorks.
- Familiar with Ansys, MathCAD, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office applications.
- A working knowledge of workshop fitting and assembly processes.
- A working knowledge of machining and related manufacturing processes.
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Steve McKiernan () quoting the job reference number SM5105
Expion: Our Engineering recruitment brand is well respected for the high quality of work we have delivered for both clients and candidates. Our in-depth knowledge of recruitment across core sectors enables us to provide advice based on experience and to give you the best access to client vacancies.