Our client is a leading geo-environmental consultancy firm in the North of England
They are seeking to appoint a methodical geotechnical engineer to assist with selecting desirable construction sites. As a geo-technical engineer, you will be responsible for the study and review of the natural environment before a construction project takes place. This includes reviewing the surrounding minerals and materials and helping to design projects based on your findings.
The job role of a geo-technical engineer involves the following duties:
- Gathering and analysing data
- Looking at the risk of geological hazards and making sure any factors affecting engineering works are identified and managed
- Advising on procedures required and the suitability of construction materials
- Using specialist computer software to create analytical 2D and 3D models
- Consulting geological maps and aerial photographs to advise on site selection
- Assisting with the design of built structures, using specialised computer software or calculations
- Planning detailed field investigations by drilling and analysing samples of deposits or bedrock
- Supervising ground investigations and budgets
- Advising on and testing a range of construction materials including sand, gravel, bricks and clay
- Making recommendations on the proposed use of a site
- Managing staff, including other engineering geologists, geotechnical engineers, consultants and contractors
- Working to preserve and protect the physical environment
- Analysing sites and designs for environmentally sensitive developments, such as landfill.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in geotechnical engineering.
- Completion of a pertinent graduate program is preferred.
- Accredited by the appropriate council.
- Demonstrable experience as a geotechnical engineer.
- Valid driver's license.
- Expertise in geology, climatology, chemistry, and mathematics.
- Refined sample extraction and transportation skills.
- Well-honed and updated laboratory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Steve McKiernan () quoting the job reference number SM5414
Expion: Our Engineering recruitment brand is well respected for the high quality of work we have delivered for both clients and candidates. Our in-depth knowledge of recruitment