We are currently recruiting for a key appointment within a respected commercial vehicle fleet organisation. This senior position takes overall national responsibility for the performance of suppliers and network who deliver service, maintenance and repair work of the organisation's fleet vehicles.
The senior position of National Supplier Network Manager will take responsibility for the overall performance of the existing vehicle service, maintenance and repair suppliers to the company, devising and delivering a strategy in line with business needs.
The company support fully agile working and as such you can be located anywhere from the South Midlands up to the North East or North West of England. You will be required to travel to meet with suppliers and colleagues nationally on a regular basis.
- Managing commercial vehicle repair and maintenance suppliers to ensure compliance with company SLAs and best practice
- Analyse supplier base, develop and implement a supplier tier system for external suppliers
- Work with the planning team to ensure all work is funnelled via the most efficient and cost-effective route in all cases
- Monitor and support compliance with required H&S standards across external and internal operations
- Support the company's key account managers at customer meetings to explain how the company's SMR model works and demonstrate how it best meets the customer needs
- Manage a team of regional network managers who report in to this role, ensuring day-to-day management of SMR operations performance meets required SLA and H&S standards.
- Building and maintaining strong, open and beneficial relationships with your suppliers
- Holding regular SLA review meetings, and working with under-performing suppliers to improve performance
- Identifying and on boarding new suppliers as business needs demand
To succeed in this position, you will:
- Be an innovative thinker who seeks and drives improvement both with internal departments and colleagues and external suppliers
- Have strategic visionary ability - be able to create and deliver a strong business strategy to meet company growth and client requirements
- Have come from a qualified HGV technician background ideally, and have solid knowledge of service, maintenance and repair activities relating to heavy commercial vehicles including 'O' Licence and all other regulatory compliance requirements
- Ideally have managed a large network of internal and external maintenance suppliers, balancing work flow and performance between internal workshops or mobile service offering and external contractor use, including overseeing parts supply. This experience MUST be from within the HGV maintenance industry.
- Have a warm, engaging manner which builds strong relationships and gets the best from your suppliers
- Be computer literate and able to work with various reports and management information on a range of company database systems
- A well-established award-winning commercial vehicle fleet organisation
- Have a strong track record of retaining their client base year after year after year
- Are experiencing an incredible sustained period of growth following considered and ongoing investment and are up-scaling their network to ensure it is fit for present and future purpose
- Are truly committed to delivering the best level of service and are agile enough to change processes to do this
- Offers a great benefits package including a company car, bonus, full agile working policy, company contributory pension scheme, holidays that rise with service, a high level of life assurance, good sick pay and family leave, childcare vouchers and much more
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application. This is a permanent position.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact our Automotive Director, Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing director and senior level personnel as well as technical operations and engineering talent into their vacancies right across the UK.