We are partnering with this successful commercial vehicle fleet organisation to recruit an Operations Manager to run the North-West region of their network operation. The role reports directly into board level and comes with a high level of autonomy.
The Regional Operations Manager will hold ultimate responsibility for the overall performance of the company's repair and maintenance workshop locations across the region, including P&L management, development and implementation of operational strategy, and delivery of growth opportunities.
This position will suit an experienced senior manager from within the HGV fleet maintenance, management and repair industry.
Leading a network of commercial vehicle maintenance and repair locations across the North West of England, ensuring that required performance levels across the following areas are consistently achieved:
- 'O' Licence compliance
- H&S and quality standards
- People - performance management, development and engagement
- Budget and cost management
- Customer relationships
- Business development
Travel across the North West will be required, candidates based around the M6/M61 corridors, western M62 or M60 area would be best placed for the role.
To succeed in this position, you will:
- Have experience of managing a multi-site or large single site heavy commercial vehicle workshop operation, ideally within a fleet management business, a fleet operator or an HGV main dealer group.
- Be comfortable and experienced in managing large fleets of vehicles, ideally across multiple locations.
- Be an engaging leader of people who is adept at gaining buy-in from experienced teams to new ways of working and improvements.
- Be from a qualified HGV technician background with strong technical knowledge.
- Have outstanding relationship-building skills and be used to maximising profitability whilst maintaining high standards of service alongside safe and efficient working practices.
- Have the ambition and capability to progress onwards from this position in the future as the business continues to grow.
- A well-established award-winning commercial vehicle fleet organisation
- Market-leading player in their sector
- Financially-stable, profitable business who have continued their consistent growth over the last 12 months
- Pride themselves on delivering high standards of service to their clients and creating an environment that employees enjoy being part of
- Offers a competitive benefits package including basic salary plus bonus, a company car or car allowance appropriate to the seniority of the position, pension and healthcare including dependents.
Please note that Expion is the sole recruitment partner to our client for this vacancy and all approaches and applications they receive will be forwarded to us to manage on their behalf.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, please contact our Automotive Director, Francesca Loughrey
Please note, suitable applicants will be contacted without delay upon receipt of application and we endeavour ensure all applicants receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle fleet sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing senior level and technical staff into their positions right across the UK.