Due to continued contract wins, we are currently recruiting for a several Fleet Controllers on behalf of our client, a respected commercial vehicle hire organisation.
- Administer and organise repair and maintenance work on fleets of commercial vehicles
- Prepare estimates for all work and gain relevant authority for the work before processing
- Ensure all work carried out is within agreed cost and downtime requirements
- Seek authority for work outside of agreed parameters
- Review parts purchase for each job to make sure lowest price is achieved, contacting alternative parts suppliers where necessary
- Challenging external suppliers where necessary to ensure correct work is carried out in an appropriate timescale, at an appropriate cost
- Escalate any issues to account managers and liaise with internal departments to resolve problems
To succeed in this position, you will:
- Have experience of organising and administering the maintenance and repair of commercial vehicles, either within a dealership, vehicle hire or maintenance organisation, or from within a company that maintains its own vehicles.
- This role would suit someone who has worked in an office-based role within the commercial vehicle industry for example service administrator, workshop controller, parts manager, service advisor etc.
- Have good knowledge of average job timings and costs for standard commercial vehicle maintenance and repair jobs
- Be happy to question and challenge external suppliers to ensure the best service and price is received
- Be computer literate and able to work with various reports and management information on a company database system and Microsoft excel
- Enjoy working in a busy environment where every day brings different situations to deal with
- A well-established commercial vehicle leasing organisation
- Have a strong track record of retaining their client base year after year after year
- Are truly committed to delivering the best level of service and are agile enough to change processes to do this
- Fantastic modern office environment with great facilities and good transport links
- Offers a great benefits package including, company contributory pension scheme, holidays that rise with service, a high level of life assurance, good sick pay and family leave, childcare vouchers, regular social events funded by the company and free on-site parking.
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.