We are currently recruiting for 2 Maintenance Controllers on behalf of our client, a respected commercial vehicle hire organisation.
- Review all repair and maintenance work requested on client's fleet vehicles
- Liaise with workshops to ensure work is correctly booked in to them
- Ensure all work is necessary and in case of repair ensure the correct work is being carried out to remedy the problem, to the agreed price
- Review costs quoted for work from external suppliers to ensure best price for work is achieved
- Review parts purchase for each job to make sure lowest price is achieved, contacting alternative parts suppliers where necessary
- Building strong relationships with internal and external suppliers to ensure correct work is carried out in an appropriate timescale, at an appropriate cost
- Escalate any issues to managers and liaise with internal departments to resolve problems
- Working a day shift, Monday to Friday with Saturday morning work on a rota basis
To succeed in this position, you will:
- Be from a vehicle technician background ideally with good technical knowledge of either heavy or light vehicles, or have maintenance control, fleet control or service advisor experience
- Also have experience of a more office-based role within the vehicle maintenance or fleet industry for example service administrator, workshop controller, parts manager etc.
- Have good knowledge of average job timings and costs for standard vehicle maintenance and repair jobs
- Be happy to question and challenge internal and external suppliers to ensure the best service and price is received
- Be computer literate and able to work with various reports and management information on a company database system and Microsoft excel
- Enjoy working in a busy environment where every day brings different situations to deal with
- A large national organisation who maintain a number of companies' fleet vehicles
- Performed well through the Covid-19 pandemic, maintained profitability and are experiencing consistent growth
- Offer ongoing technical and professional training throughout your career to keep your skills up to date
- Competitive holidays which rise with service
- Career progression prospects are good for someone who would like to grow with the company
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 48 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the 'Apply Now' button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK's largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.