Salary £17,000 - £21,000 (with Career Progression and Training)
Location Boston Spa, Yorkshire
Infrastructure Support – Network Issues, Windows Server, Office 365, Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy, Routers, Switches, Firewalls.
1st Line Support with career progression – Boston Spa (LS23).
Do you want to work for a company that will help progress your career? Do you want training and guidance with a clear progression plan up to 2nd / 3rd line support and beyond? Are you not getting the progression or opportunities that you deserve? If so, then this role is perfect for you.
We are working with a well-established Microsoft Partner who are going through another strong phase of sustained growth. They work with some of the biggest organisations in the UK and are in the middle of some really exciting projects. Their custom-built offices provide a fun and progressive office environment are made to make their teams comfortable and give opportunities to relax / learn / socialise, depending on what you fancy doing at the time!
Their ethos is to look after their employees, believing that training and development are key to a successful career and as such allow for up-skilling both in the day to day environment but also with hands on training from external sources (if you want it!!).
Ideally you will come from a small to medium sized company where you get involved with many parts of the infrastructure support – we are looking for someone who wants to grow with the role so a keen interest in technology is key. Once up to speed you will be working as part of a fast-paced team providing support to users / customers via phone, email and remote support. If you want to, you will also get the chance to visit client sites with a more senior engineer to provide onsite support and develop your skills…
Technology areas that we would find desirable as a base for this role:
- Excellent telephone manner with the ability to discuss information and relate solutions to users with issues in an empathetic, clear and concise way
- Experience of Server Support / Windows Server Essentials
- Understanding of Networking – TCP/IP addressing and routing, DNS and DHCP
- Any experience of Active Directory (AD) and Exchange support
- Ability to think outside the box when it comes to diagnosing hardware and software problems
- Understanding of PC hardware – predominantly if you enjoy ‘break/fix’ (opening PCs to get to the cause of the issue)
- Ability to assemble a PC / replace parts as necessary
As mentioned previously, training will be given if you haven’t done all of the above and as a Microsoft Certified Partner we also help our teams to gain Microsoft (amongst others!) certifications if you want them.
Salary is £17k – £21k depending on experience. There are plenty of training and development opportunities and scope to progress your career.
Click apply now and one of our team will give you a call to discuss at your convenience.