Location Bath, South West
Salary: £45,000 – £50,000 per annum plus bonus, pension, healthcare
We have an exciting opportunity for a high calibre Automation Engineer to join a FMCG manufacturing facility in Wiltshire – part of a much larger Global Group – a forward thinking and innovative market leader. The facility is commutable from Bristol, Bath, Swindon, Salisbury.
To provide Manufacturing Execution Systems, Automation support to the Factory, ensuring that all MES-Automation activities enhance business objectives, product quality and plant performance/operations. To upkeep, maintain and develop the manufacturing control systems and their interface with the wider UK network. Management of the sites PLC networks, hardware and software inclusive of support contracts.
- Management of the sites PLC networks, hardware and software.
- Management of the PLC network support contracts.
- Responsible for providing technical support and training to Technicians and Engineers.
- MES/Automation/FAS gap analysis compliance.
- Duty holder for MES and Automation.
- HNC/Degree in appropriate technical discipline.
- Detailed knowledge of PC, PLC, Database and SCADA systems.
- Proven experience in PLC/HMI programming.
- Experienced with Rockwell Allen Bradley.
- Experienced with Wonderware InTouch.
- Software development, including MES, Automation, HMI screen design, database design.
- Good knowledge of industrial IT/FAS.
- Data transfer, communication and networking systems.
- Process control systems knowledge.
- Strong and highly developed fault finding and problem analysis skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative and implement capital projects.
My client can offer you an in-depth training and a development program to lift your skills and knowledge further, whilst being part of a highly motivated team.