Salary Market leading salary to attract the best
Location North West
- My client is a leading Food Manufacturing business, with a passion for excellence in everything that it does.
- They are committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which will enable further growth and expansion across their core categories.
- Excellent prospects for career advancement and development exist across the group, as they continue to grow, both organically and through acquisition.
- Consequently, they now require an exceptionally driven, high calibre Business Unit Director to perform a pivotal role, leading and managing a key Business Unit.
- Of graduate calibre, with a minimum of 5 years senior operational experience gained within a a complex fast-moving Food / FMCG manufacturing environment, as a Business Unit Director / Site Director / General Manager, leading large, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Proven experience of successfully managing P&L and the IBM processes.
- Operated within and familiar with implementing the principles of World Class Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement methodology.
- A collaborative approach with demonstrable experience of making a strong contribution to and adding value within, an Executive Leadership Team.
- A demonstrable track record of achieving results & managing change.
- You will be a determined, influential and inspirational leader, capable of providing impetus to current operations, whilst driving the business to achieve greater results.
- Excellent commercial and business acumen, with a strong financial awareness, so able to maximise the opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Confident, persuasive, adaptable, results orientated with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- As a member of the ELT, you will seek mutually acceptable business solutions to complex challenges, taking an integrated ‘whole business’ as well as a differentiated Business Unit approach as required.
- Contributes to the development of the business strategy.
- Develops the operational strategy and tactics of the Business Unit to support the overall business strategy, enabling all financial, operational and scorecard targets to be achieved.
- Leads the integrated business processes, accountable for the P&L, all manufacturing controllable costs (MCC) and OEE.
- Responsible for all the functions within the Business Unit, building and developing a high performing leadership team, that demonstrates the right behaviours and lives the core values.
- Develops excellent, mutually beneficial customer relationships, supporting the Commercial, Marketing and NPD teams to develop current and future business opportunities, ensuring delivery of appropriate commercial arrangements, brand activity and strong customer focus across all functions.
- Seeks to develop a stronger Brand Identity, encompassing the latest consumer trends of Health, Indulgence and Convenience.
- Promotes a continuous improvement – operational excellence – philosophy across the site to maximise profits / margins and reduce costs.
- Ensures all operating disciplines reflect best practice.
- Acts as a champion of the business values, leading by example and coaching the team to enhance their effectiveness in role.
- Communicates extensively on all key initiatives, listening and acting on feedback.
- Creates a positive and engaging culture across the site, nurturing excellent teamwork and inter-functional relationships, developing capability and talent for the future.
- A Market Leading salary and benefits package are available for the right candidate.
- Fantastic opportunities exist to progress your career to the highest levels within the group.