Salary £18-22 per hour
Location Exeter, South West
We are looking a vehicle technician to work on a contract with a minimum term of 12 months at a prestigious national organisation, maintaining a fleet of commercial vehicles in a modern workshop.
- Working as a mechanic, you will service, maintain and repair a fleet of light and heavy commercial vehicles
- Build your product knowledge of a variety of makes and models of HGVs, vans and some cars
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer and generic electronic diagnosis equipment
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Various shifts are available including potentially straight days. All shifts are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week.
- Overtime is voluntary
To succeed in this successful, friendly workshop, you will:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs and light commercials
- Be willing to be trained on different types of vehicles as the need arises
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- An HGV licence would be an advantage but is not essential
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Quality-focused workshop with achievable job timings and realistic expectations
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable environment with a long-term contract offering an excellent chance of permanent employment for the right candidate at the end of the contract
- Candidates who go on to secure a permanent position can expect an unrivalled benefits package including a competitive contributory pension scheme, enhanced overtime rates, generous holidays that rise with service, a shorter working week than the industry norm, a flexible benefit that can be used for a variety of options including additional holidays and a great working environment
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button.