Location Leeds, Yorkshire
Posted by: Expion
Job title: Engineering Manager
- Our client has reached and sustained an enviable level of quality and service.
- Part of a global group, their reputation for innovation has ensured their strong position.
- Business growth combined with the organisations commitment to further reinforce its market leading status, has created an opportunity for an Engineering Manager at one of their key locations.
We are looking for an experienced engineer to oversee the management and maintenance of the performance and reliability of all Plant and Equipment on site while driving for world class standards. You will ensure product safety, maximise process efficiency, provide service, feed consistency and a safe working environment on a best cost framework.
- Multi-skilled engineer; HNC (or equivalent) Mechanical / Electrical Engineering
- Suitable & relevant Engineering experience, preferably in a leadership role
- Experience of planned maintenance systems, preferably within the Food industry.
- Good H&S knowledge in legislation and application (IOSH qualification, desirable)
- A logical and structured thinker, with a strong ability to solve problems.
- Exposure to high volume manufacturing; CI or lean methodologies
- Strong Communication skills; Ability to engage and motivate teams and individuals
- Resilient personal development focus to continuously improve
- Drive Performance – Improve Plant Reliability alongside adherence to standards
- Excellence at Speed – Deliver improvements “Right First Time” and “On-Time”
- Work as a Team – Work together to deliver site goals; embed the mindset in teams.
- Grow Talent & Capability – Drive own self-development and direct reports
- Build Pride & Passion – Take pride in achievements of self and team
- Protect & enhance our reputation – Drive energy Efficiency to achieve F24 ambitions
- Customer Focused – Always ensure Quality, Safety, Cost and “Service on-time”
- Demonstrate consistent Technical and Behavioural leadership at all times
- Ensure compliance with ALL relevant legislation & Statutory Inspections, ensuring health & safety is always suitably prioritised and that teams operate safely
- Ensure that the achievement of food safety is always a priority
- Manage the PM regime for all Plant & equipment.
- Consistently drive energy efficiency improvements and activities
- Create the budget plan for the financial year and maintain control of spend (by month)
- Engage with operational teams and support Lean implementation activities
- Own the 5-year Capital Plan with Central team; Support execution of major site works
Expion: Our Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment brand is well respected for the high quality of work we have delivered for both clients and candidates. Our in-depth knowledge of Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across our core sectors enables us to provide expert advice based on experience and to give you the best access to blue chip client vacancies.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and full salary details, quoting ref JDEMAB, preferably by email to Expion.