Salary £70k - £80k + Benefits
Location West Yorkshire, Yorkshire
- My client is a market leading and continually expanding manufacturing business, with a passion for excellence in everything that it does.
- They are committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which will enable further growth and expansion across their core categories.
- Excellent prospects for career advancement and development exist across the group, as they continue to grow and expand, both organically and through acquisition.
- Consequently, they now require a driven, focused, high calibre Head of Procurement, to perform a pivotal role, leading and managing a range of activity across site.
- Of graduate calibre with a minimum of 5 years senior purchasing experience gained within a Head of Procurement / Purchasing Leadership role.
- Experience gained within your career to date in a complex, fast moving, high volume manufacturing environment such as FMCG / Chemicals / Pharmaceuticals / Medical Devices / Food & Drink.
- Demonstrable track record of achieving results & managing change.
- You will be a determined, influential and inspirational leader, capable of providing impetus to the current facilities, whilst driving the business to achieve greater results.
- Excellent commercial and business acumen, with a strong financial awareness, so able to maximise the opportunities for continuous improvement across the Supply Chain.
- Confident, persuasive, adaptable, results orientated with excellent communication and presentation skills.
- You will ensure that maximum value is created through sourcing activities, supplier management, risk minimisation and inventory optimisation.
- The Head of Procurement will identify and implement process improvements to drive performance to meet stretching targets for Savings, OTIF supply, lead time reduction and Inventory optimisation.
- You will be responsible for all Direct and Indirect procurement.
- You will Implement procurement strategies and improvements which will generate significant value for the company.
- You will develop a culture of ownership within the team for the ongoing development of the Procurement strategy in line with the overall Supply Chain Strategy.
- You will play an active role as a member of the senior supply chain team in the development and delivery of the supply chain strategy for the business.
- You will manage and motivate the procurement team ensuring that they have the appropriate skills, knowledge and experience necessary to carry out their duties and responsibilities effectively.
- Through appropriate training, mentoring and coaching you will deliver a sustainable pipeline of operational talent, capable of driving ongoing supply chain improvements.
Remuneration & Career Progression:
- A market leading salary and benefits package is available for the right candidate.
- Excellent opportunities exist to progress your career to the highest levels within the group.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and full salary details, quoting ref JDHOP, preferably by email . or call 0800 612 5655 if you require further details or a confidential discussion.