Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum, inc benefits
Location Crawley, West Sussex, South East & London
We are currently recruiting for an HGV technician to join this stable national organisation, maintaining their fleet of commercial vehicles with excellent training and progression opportunities available.
- Service, maintain and repair a fleet of mixed commercial vehicles
- Build your product knowledge of a variety of makes and models of vans through to HGVs
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using electronic diagnosis equipment
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Working hours are: Monday to Friday, 7am to 4pm
- A moderate amount of overtime is available and paid at a premium
To succeed in this stable, friendly workshop, you will:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGVs as well as some lighter commercial vehicles
- Be willing to be trained on different types of vehicles as the need arises
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable, long-term career to their vehicle technicians with excellent career prospects
- A company who will invest in their people with ongoing training and personal development opportunities throughout your career, and good progression prospects
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘ApplyNow’ button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK’s largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.