Salary £30500 - £35000 per annum + outstanding bens
Location Southampton, Hampshire, South West
This is a great opportunity to join a prestigious national organisation, maintaining a fleet of commercial vehicles in a friendly modern workshop with outstanding benefits.
- Service, maintain and repair a fleet of mixed commercial vehicles
- Build your product knowledge of a variety of makes and models of vans through to HGVs
- Complete all paperwork in an efficient and accurate manner
- Work as a team with your colleagues to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Diagnose faults using manufacturer and generic electronic diagnosis equipment (training is offered on this if required)
- Carry out inspections to Vosa standards
- Working a 2 week day shift rota, week 1: 6am – 2pm, week 2: 11am to 7pm, Monday to Friday.
- Overtime is voluntary, and available at a premium.
- Expected earnings are around £35k per annum, this includes a small amount of overtime each week, still giving a shorter working week than is common in the motor industry
To succeed in this stable, friendly workshop, you will:
- Be a fully qualified vehicle technician with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have experience of working as a mechanic on a range of HGV tractor units and rigid trucks as well as some lighter commercial vehicles (light vehicle mechanics who wish to cross-train onto heavier vehicles will also be considered)
- Be willing to be trained on different types of vehicles as the need arises
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable, long-term career to their vehicle technicians with excellent career prospects
- A company that offers an unrivalled benefits package including a competitive contributory pension scheme, enhanced overtime rates, good holidays that rise with service, a shorter working week than the industry norm, a flexible benefit that can be used for a variety of options including additional holidays and a great working environment.
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK’s largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.