Salary Up to £40k per annum plus benefits
Location Lancashire, commutable from Warrington, Manchester, Bolton, North West
As an Indirect buyer, you will be required to work closely with key stakeholders across a variety of spend categories to identify and deliver savings.
- Manage the end to end tender process ensuring the outcome successfully delivers the business requirements
- Manage a category led approach for top spend suppliers
- Use e-sourcing tools to deliver value within the given categories and manage and track spend data
- Manage projects to reduce cost whilst maintaining quality/service, and ensuring continuity of supply
- Manage the tendering processes, negotiate and implement new contracts with suppliers
- Develop and actively manage strategic relationships with suppliers, ensuring business requirements are understood and met and that supplier performance is measured
- Source new products/suppliers as appropriate
- Implementation and ongoing management of the benchmarking of materials and prices
- Manage and support key stakeholders
The ideal candidate
- Buying/procurement experience gained in an FMCG manufacturing business
- Experience of tendering and negotiating contracts with key suppliers
- Demonstrable planning and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and complexity
- Strong customer service ethos
- Robust stakeholder management approach
- A branded food business, committed to growth and customer delight, with excellent opportunities for advancement both personally and professionally
- Recent investment in people and plant
Expion: Our manufacturing, technical and engineering recruitment brand is well respected for the high quality of work we have delivered for both clients and candidates throughout our history. Our in-depth knowledge of manufacturing and engineering recruitment across core sectors enables us to provide advice based on experience and to give you the best access to client vacancies.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and full salary details, quoting ref CLV3944 by email to Caroline Vooght, firstname.lastname@example.org or for a confidential conversation and more information, please call 07730 888491.