Salary Daily Rate + Expenses
Location Southern England, South West
Innovation and exceptional quality is critical to the success of this high profile, market leading business who manufacture high profile brands for UK and European consumers and have a strong global presence.
Working in collaboration with a range of internal and external business partners to identify current challenges with existing packaging, you will lead and manage packaging projects, working with the manufacturing plant and key suppliers.
To lead and manage technical packaging projects, working with key stakeholders and ensuring packaging is assessed within timescales and budget. Have the ability to create points of difference during the processing and use of packaging throughout the value stream. Knowledge of a variety of packaging formats would be preferred, although knowledge of card and board would be beneficial.
To succeed in this challenging, people focussed business, you will have:
- Experience as a packaging manager/specialist within an FMCG or packaging business.
- Packaging or engineering related qualifications would be desirable but not essential.
- Able to lead and manage complex projects within an FMCG/packaging business, and an in depth knowledge of the production environment.
- Important to have strong team working attitude but also be able to take ownership and lead key projects based on priorities when needed.
- Technical evaluation of existing specifications and creation of new specs after validation.
- Be hands on and comfortable with factory/pilot plant environments to be involved/aware of all key packaging trials and machine commissioning through to first production and product sign off.
- Be able to act with leadership and knowledge to factory issues that may occur and solve packaging technical challenges in a timely manner.
Part of a larger group, the business has a fantastic reputation for growth and the development of high performing teams. Now poised to move into the next phase of growth, this role will deliver exceptional innovation to the market.
Expion: Our manufacturing, NPD / R&D, operations, technical and engineering recruitment brand is well respected for the high quality of work we have delivered for both clients and candidates throughout our history. Our in-depth knowledge of manufacturing recruitment across core sectors enables us to provide advice based on experience and to give you the best access to client vacancies.