Location Cheshire, North West
Posted by: Expion Search & Selection
Job title: Lead Engineer – Engineering Supervisor – Food Manufacturing
Location: Warrington, Chester, Macclesfield, Crewe
Benefits: OT @ x1.5, group income protection scheme, pension and many more
Hours: 4 on 4 off 2 days 2 nights 7-7, 20 days holiday
We have an excellent opportunity for an Engineering Supervisor to join a forward thinking, family owned business which is committed to creating a positive working environment and to training and developing its staff.
You will need to be apprentice trained, ideally qualified to HNC level or equivalent, and have experience of working on fast-paced high-volume manufacturing lines. Most of all you will need a positive attitude and strong work ethic and be committed to continually improving both your skillset and the engineering function.
- Apprentice trained multi-skilled Maintenance Engineer.
- Experience of working with high volume manufacturing equipment, ideally food manufacturing.
- Qualified to HNC/BTEC or an equivalent in an engineering discipline.
- Excellent fault-finding skills and are you able to demonstrate experience of planned and reactive maintenance work with basic PLC knowledge.
- Self-motivated, a good team player and have the ability to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Engineering team supervisory experience.
- Would you like to join a family owned FMCG Manufacturing Company with an impeccable reputation as an employer and with genuine career prospects?
- Ensure Delivery of the engineering support across a 24/7 manufacturing site on a shift basis, support and coach engineering teams in meeting departmental standards.
- Support the positive development of the site H&S culture.
- Collaborate with other departments to support the delivery of the site manufacturing plan.
- Able to lead, motivate, coach others, delegating effectively to develop a sense of pride and ownership in team performance and engineering strategy.
- Analyse performance information and ability to communicate confidently, clearly and concisely to team and senior managers
- Support the development and roll out of the team’s training plans.
- Support the close out of engineering related non-conformances across the site.
- To ensure the Engineers support the Engineering element of the daily operations meeting by providing a thorough review of the previous 24 hours and the next 24 hour plans with robust shift reports.
- Support the Site daily review meeting, by having information from the engineering shift logs for the last 24hrs and an action plan for close out of risks.
- Ensure teams are briefed regularly and are fully aware of site standards, procedures plans and line performance.
- Identify, lead and implement continuous improvement opportunities
- Well established with an excellent reputation within the food industry.
- Committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Producer of a range of high quality products, supplying to all of the major multiple retailers.
- Full time – 4 on 4 off 2 days 2 nights 7-7 plus 20 days holiday
- Salary and benefits – £44,426 plus contributory pension scheme, group income protection scheme, healthcare cashplan, life assurance, and more……
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact Andrew Jagger, Associate Director Food & FMCG Division quoting job reference AJ5011.