Salary £40k + bonus
Location Cheshire, North West
Posted By: Expion Search & Selection
Job Title: Procurement Manager – Purchasing
Location: Warrington – Chester – Macclesfield – Crewe
Salary: Up to £40,000 plus 12% bonus and excellent benefits
This is an exciting Opportunity for a high calibre Procurement Professional to develop your career within an Award Winning Food Manufacturing Business. Reporting to the Financial Controller, you will be responsible for Procurement across the business and will be focussed on reducing cost, improving service, pursuing innovation opportunities and leveraging technology.
- Experienced procurement professional ideally from a manufacturing background.
- Demonstrable track record of cost reduction whilst ensuring that product quality and performance standards are adhered to.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong working relationships both internally and with new and existing suppliers.
- Highly motivated and eager to take responsibility.
- Ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- It would be advantageous if you are qualified to degree level with membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS qualified).
- Work closely with the management team to support procurement across the business.
- Improve and develop supplier relationships.
- Pursue cost reduction opportunities through negotiation with new and existing suppliers.
- Ensure quality and performance of ordered materials are in line with required standards.
- Work proactively to review and upgrade procurement processes.
- Support the product costing process through accurate quotations and maintenance of forward-looking raw material/packaging prices.
- Collate regular reports for the Financial Controller; vendor analysis, material information, market data, board reports, budget tracking.
- Maintain master data controls and documentation, as well as supporting master data in SAP in relation to Materials Requirement Planning (MRP).
- Engage with the supplier base to ensure that the business can capitalise on the R&D and Innovation opportunities which fit the Strategic Objectives.
- Lead projects to review supplier base and source alternative supply where appropriate.
- Established Branded and ROL Food Manufacturer with an enviable reputation as an Employer of Choice.
- Committed to continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Producer of a range of high quality products, supplying to all of the major multiple retailers as well as manufacturing a successful branded portfolio.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button.
All CVs will be acknowledged.