Salary Up to £45,000 with home working
Location Manchester, North West
We have a vacancy for a senior frontend software engineer to help us improve and grow our range of products and to work on consultancy projects with high-profile customer organisations.
We develop several major products, the web frontend is written using AngularJS. Our user directory, support, provisioning and management/admin tool is written in Java/GWT and runs on Google App Engine.
As a frontend engineer you will be part of a new team being formed to push our product in a new direction. Currently the frontend is written using GWT but are now looking to add a new frontend for some new functionality using a more modern technology. We have chosen AngularJS based on experience and good success with the use of the technology in other products.
While we have designers internally, you will ideally be able to contribute something to the design alongside wireframing and UX. Naturally the new frontend will be responsive and experience of this is desired.
Salary £30,000 - £45,000 + benefits (and home working)
Skills & requirements
- A good Computer Science degree or equivalent. Proven practical experience also counts
- Experience of getting products to market, on-time
- Writing, and finishing, great code with excellent attention to detail
- A solid background in software development, with a BSc/MSc Computer Science (or equivalent)
- Several years experience with AngularJS and examples of work carried out, ideally online and available to access
- Exposure to cloud-based software development, including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Google App Engine, Microsoft Office 365, Amazon, etc.
- Exposure to agile and iterative development processes
- A focus on getting the job done right, first time
If the thought of working with the above tech excites you then please click on the ‘Apply Now’ link and we’ll call you straight back to discuss. We are looking for someone to start asap but will obviously be patient for notice periods etc.