Salary £31,000 - £36,000 per annum
Location Oban , Argyll, Scotland
A great opportunity to join a prestigious national organisation, leading a team of technicians who maintain a fleet of light commercial vehicles in a well-equipped modern workshop with outstanding benefits.
- Supervise a team of technicians on a shift to ensure vehicle jobs are completed to the required time and standard
- Working days, Monday to Friday
- Overtime is voluntary, and available at a premium, top salary quoted includes a small amount of overtime – still giving a shorter working week than the industry norm
- Most of your time (c.80-90%) will be “off the tools”, allocating workload and managing your staff, a small amount of time will be spent supporting your technicians technically where required
- Arranging staff meetings to promote clear and open communication.
- Develop techniques in order to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Ensure that procedure and standard working process is followed and that all necessary documentation is fully complete.
- Overseeing smooth running of parts and stores.
To succeed in this successful, friendly workshop, you will:
- Be a from a fully qualified vehicle technician background with NVQ level 3, IMI apprenticeship, City and Guilds level 2, or equivalent qualifications
- Have very good experience of working as a mechanic on a range of cars and vans or light commercial vehicles some heavy vehicle experience would be a bonus but is not essential as the company only has a handful of commercial vehicles at the site
- Be used to working to MOT standard inspections – an MOT licence would be advantageous but is not essential
- Be a real team player who enjoys working together with colleagues
- Have a very good standard of work and accuracy
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Previous experience of overseeing parts and stores in a vehicle workshop would be a major advantage
- Previous experience at foreman, workshop controller or supervisor level is an advantage but experienced technicians looking to take the next step in their career will also be considered
- A large national organisation who are a market leader in their field
- Very successful organisation who offer a stable, long-term career to their vehicle technicians with excellent career prospects
- A company that offers an unrivalled benefits package including a competitive contributory pension scheme, enhanced overtime rates, good holidays that rise with service, a shorter working week than the industry norm, a flexible benefit that can be used for a variety of options including additional holidays and a great working environment.
Interviews are to be held shortly, and suitable candidates will be contacted within 24 hours of application.
To apply for the role, please send your CV and salary details to Expion Search & Selection using the ‘Apply Now’ button. If you would like to have a confidential discussion on the role, you can contact the Consultant, Francesca Loughrey
Please note, we endeavour to make sure you will receive an email indicating if you have been successful or not within 1 to 2 weeks.
Expion: Our Automotive recruitment brand is run by consultants with long-term experience of working solely within the commercial vehicle maintenance sector. We have well established relationships with many of the UK’s largest and most well-respected employers in the field, placing vehicle technicians, workshop foremen, workshop controllers and supervisors, workshop managers and senior operations staff into their workshop and regional based vacancies across the UK.